EDIT: I modified how I present the Method slightly. Please see the new version of this page and the updated series on implementing the Method.
The next few posts will describe the Method, which is how to use the Model to lead yourself and others and to improve your life, in particular, using the elements you have voluntary control over.
In time, you’ll probably think of the Method as I do, through the Model’s voluntary levers — environment, belief, behaviors.
I call one application of the Method a transformation because it transforms one part of your life. Preparation is as important as the action implementing the transformation so I treat it separately. (I’ll make each of these bullet points links as I create the pages for them.)
- Know your emotional system
- Understand your current emotional cycles
- Conceive of consistent environments, beliefs, and behaviors
- Implement them
- Summary of preparation (with diagram)
You know, come to think of it, these descriptions will benefit from examples so I can illustrate the steps with examples. So I’ll precede them with a few.
- A home run after three strikes
- Overwhelming joy on a bleak morning
- Two simple but effective examples
Learn to make Meaningful Connections
with a simple, effective exercise from my book, Leadership Step by Step.
- Step by step instructions
- Video examples of me and Marshall Goldsmith
- An excerpt from my book