I hosted two professionals who model population growth with different views, some complementary, some conflicting: Wolfgang Lutz and Chris Bystroff. I learned from both and recommend listening to their episodes first. I’ve also recorded episodes with many guests and solo episodes on population:
- 475: We Can Dance Around Environmental Problems All We Want. We Eventually Reach Overpopulation and Overconsumption
- 294: Population: How Much Is Too Much?
- 251: Let’s make overpopulation only a finance issue
- 250: Why talk about birthrate and population so much?
- 248: Countdown, a book I recommend by Alan Weisman
I invited Wolfgang and Chris to talk about their different views and see if they could learn from each other and we could learn from them. That’s this episode. I clarified I wasn’t looking for Crossfire-like talking past each other but seeing what each or the other is missing and mutual learning. I think you’ll enjoy the conversation. My only regret is that we couldn’t have talked longer because we could have covered more.