052: Emptying my garbage for the first time in over a year
I recorded this video showing a year’s worth of garbage.
My point is to show you it’s possible. Many people have asked me how. My answers never seem to satisfy them. If you care enough to try, I recommend you try. You’re not going to die. Humans have lived for hundreds of thousands of years without food packaging and our modern world makes it as easy as ever to live without food packaging.
You’ll figure out how to do it, which will answer all your questions on how to do it for yourself.
Though I started to live by my values, I continue mostly because
- It’s delicious
- It costs less
- It saves time
- It’s more convenient
- It’s more social—I share more meals with friends, colleagues, and family
- It’s more social—I meet the farmers and visit the farm that grow most of my vegetables
- I eat more volume of food than ever
- So I’m more satisfied than ever
- My abs are more defined than ever
In other words, by my values, I eat better than ever.