Nature versus Corporate
My post on Variety, choice, the manufactured illusion of it, and creating more yourself prompted more people emailing me about the images than most others. The way all the corporate stuff trying to catch your eye glosses over.
I decided to contrast the corporate image with images from nature. I just did three images searches, on “fruit,” “vegetable,” and “forest,” and posted a couple of the images from the first page that resulted.
All the images show comparable ranges of colors, levels of detail, and so on. People design the box cereals to attract your eye. The plants evolved their colors, shapes, and such based on evolution.
I’ll leave it to you to conclude what you will from the different images, but I’ll give you a few questions
- Which do you have more of in your life?
- Which do you want more of in your life?
- How does each make you feel about them?
- How does each make you feel about yourself?
- What pace of life do they suggest or create?
- Which do you want your children to have more of?
- Which do you provide more of to your children?
- What questions do you come up with on your own?
Boxed cereals and supermarkets
Fruits and Vegetables
Read my weekly newsletter
On initiative, leadership, the environment, and burpees
Pingback: Nature versus Corporate (slideshow) » Joshua Spodek
Pingback: I love my breakfast! - Joshua Spodek