Christina Canters of the Stand Out Get Noticed podcast hosted me for the first time in a couple years in “Initiative: How To Bring Your Passions and Ideas To Life with Joshua Spodek.”
From the podcast page:
Do you want to start a project but don’t have any ideas? Or maybe you have so many ideas you don’t know which one to pick?
In this episode, Joshua Spodek, author of INITIATIVE: A Proven Method to Bring Your Passions to Life, joins me to discuss why people often struggle to find their passion, what holds people back from starting projects, and the steps required for bringing a successful passion project or business idea to life.
These are incredibly valuable skills you can use whether you’re a budding entrepreneur or looking to advance your career.
You will discover:
- Why the problem isn’t with a lack of ideas, it’s more around having the appropriate social and emotional skills to work with others and iterate the idea to a point of success.
- Why you might want to start a project (even if you’re not traditionally ‘entrepreneurial’)
- Josh’s story of feeling trapped in his career – even with five Ivy League degrees
- What is initiative? And how the skills of initiative can be applied in the workplace AND in entrepreneurship
- Why we hide what we care about
- Most of the time, we’re not aware of the passions we have. Initiative helps us to discover them.
- How to talk to experts and high-profile in the field – and not feel intimidated
- Tips for courageous outreach
Secret background information: Christina’s story about doing stand-up in New York was one of my main inspirations to try it myself.
She’s probably tired of me saying it because I tell her every time we talk. It’s hard not to share such a challenging, invigorating experience.
Read my weekly newsletter
On initiative, leadership, the environment, and burpees