The Top 1% with Trevor Blattner featured me today: “Finding Your Initiative with Joshua Spodek.”
Here are the episode notes:
What makes it so hard for most people to take initiative? Today I’ve got TEDx speaker, #1 bestselling author, and host of the award-winning Leadership and the Environment podcast Joshua Spodek back on the show to answer that question and more.
Listen in as he sheds light on the importance of initiative and how to harness it to get started achieving your goals. You’ll learn why so many people fail to take initiative, the key to uncovering your passions in life, and how Joshua aims to give people the tools they need to make a difference in their own lives, and in the lives of others.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- The top reason people don’t take initiative.
- Why you don’t necessarily need a great idea to get started.
- What method learning is and how to do it.
- The value of talking to the right people and taking what you need.
- Why practicing the basics is key.
- What prompted Joshua to write his latest book, Initiative.
- What “Dog Show Entrepreneurship” is.
- Why the dog show is right for some but not for many.
- What mental freedom really is and why you need it.
- How to uncover and embrace the real passions inside of you.
Read my weekly newsletter
On initiative, leadership, the environment, and burpees