Chelsea Behrens created a community on Corporate Career Courage: how to be a catalyst for change, a champion for diversity, and thrive as a leader.
She interviewed me and posted the video. We covered a range of leadership topics and stories. She went from having done no burpees to 66 days in a row and counting!
Interview with Joshua Spodek
Josh Spodek is a leader in action! His action motivated me into doing a challenging exercise—10 burpees every day for 66 days.Â
In this interview, learn how doing burpees has helped Josh as a leader, how taking action changes behavior and helps you learn, and why the most impactful leaders honor the people theyâ€™re leading through understanding their emotions.
Josh is committed to doing transformative work by helping leaders on his award-winning podcast, Leadership and the Environment, create an environmental legacy. He challenges accomplished leaders to follow-through on acts for the environment and follows up with them in a subsequent episode to share what they learned.
- Leadership is â€œhelping someone do what they havenâ€™t yet figured out what to do.â€
- Shifting from following instructions to taking initiative
- Personal leadership and developing skills to become a leader
- How Self-Imposed Daily Challenging Healthy Activity (SIDCHA) helps with leadership development
- How taking action changes behavior and helps with learning
- Joshâ€™s transparent experience preparing for TEDx
- How feedforward, instead of feedback, can change your life
- How a leader honors the people theyâ€™re leading through understanding emotions and motivation
- Stories, images, beliefs, listening, and questioning are more powerful in leadership than argument and debate
- Leadership Step by Step: Become the Person Others Follow, by Joshua Spodek
- Initiative, by Joshua Spodek
- Marshall Goldsmithâ€™s feedforward exercise
- Joshuaâ€™s podcast interview with Lorna Davis
- Joshuaâ€™s Leadership and the Environment podcast
- TEDxNYU Find Your Delicious: Leadership and the Environment, Joshua Spodek
- TEDxWaltham What everyone gets wrong about the environment, Joshua Spodek
Read my weekly newsletter
On initiative, leadership, the environment, and burpees