I’ll be leading the next session of my leadership seminar in New York in June.
I’m experimenting as four three-hour evening sessions
- Session 1: Monday, June 17
- Session 2: Wednesday, June 19
- Session 3: Monday, June 24
- Session 4: Wednesday, June 26
I’ll give the same full attention I do for a weekend session.
Sign up here. Here’s the course description:
What You’ll Learn
If you don’t know how to lead, you can only do what you can do yourself. If you can lead, you can achieve anything anyone else did with a team. Even if you want only to live a quiet, happy, rewarding life you still have to lead yourself.
The more you know how to lead, the more you are in control of your life, career, and relationships. The less you know how to lead, the more your life, career, and relationships are out of control or controlled by others.
Whether you want to lead only yourself to an authentic life of integrity by your values or teams of others to great things, you need to know how to lead yourself first. When this book talks about leadership it always includes leading yourself – that is, choosing and creating your life consciously and intentionally through self-knowledge.
In a four-session seminar, learn how to develop your personal leadership skills, self-awareness and emotional intelligence using the latest advances in cognitive behavioral science, evolutionary psychology, and positive psychology.
The instructor has taught this course at the Columbia Business School, NYU-Stern, Parsons The New School, INSEAD, the New York Academy of Science, London, Shanghai, and elsewhere.
What is Modern Leadership?
Top universities, business schools and corporations are increasingly focusing on personal leadership, self-awareness, and emotional intelligence as foundations for leading others. Few have had the opportunity to take a formal course in personal leadership since they tend to be available only through corporate training, business schools, through personal coaches, and similarly limited and expensive places.
Joshua Spodek, MBA, PhD, has developed an independent, experiential course combining advances in cognitive behavioral science, evolutionary psychology, and positive psychology with successful business leadership practices.
Benefits of the course include improved:
- Personal leadership skills, particularly self-awareness and emotional intelligence
- Interpersonal skills of a business school leadership class, such as decision-making, negotiation, perceiving others, influence, motivating others, and teamwork
- Ability to transform your greatest challenges into both professional and personal growth
- Awareness of your values and what brings you meaning, purpose, importance, and happiness, both professionally and personally
- Ability to focus on what is important, professionally and personally, decreasing time and resources wasted on unimportant things
- Ability to experience reward from your efforts
- Calmness, patience, and understanding
You will leave the course with tools to continue your development on your own as well as a network of like-minded people, both as resources and for accountability. The course also makes all other leadership resources – books, videos, seminars, etc – more valuable through better understanding their foundations.
Read my weekly newsletter
On initiative, leadership, the environment, and burpees