From the podcast page, the highlights:
- People think that acting for the environment is a sacrifice when in fact itâ€™s fun.
- Regarding the environment, leadership by example doesnâ€™t work.
- Josh manages to only throw out one small back of garbage a year! We talk about this.
- He meets people where they are in order to encourage them to change their habits.
- Community motivates culture change.
- Josh aims for measurable results while people enjoy the process.
- The question is, what skills do you develop as you move towards supporting the environment.
- If you donâ€™t do the little things, youâ€™ll never get to the big things.
- Joshâ€™s mental model of Amazon is a big, polluting machine.
- Acting on your values creates community.
- Recycling is only a little better than throwing things out.
- Companies are now talking to Josh about helping them become more environmentally aware.
- When companies start changing thereâ€™s a sense of liberation.
- We canâ€™t change the past, what can we do now?
- Use SMART goals.
Here’s my first conversation with Joan, Using Emotions as a Leadership Essential, from September 8, 2017.
Read my weekly newsletter
On initiative, leadership, the environment, and burpees