Come to my third annual cooking workshop at the wonderful Drew Gardens in the Bronx THIS SATURDAY. My mom will attend to share about organizing food coops.
Click for all the logistics:
Drew Gardens is one of New York City’s great gems. I love it there. You will too, along with my famous no-packaging vegan solar-powered stew.
About the Event:
Are you interested in learning how to live a more sustainable lifestyle? Join DCG and Joshua Spodek for our THIRD ANNUAL WORKSHOP and learn how making sustainable choices can help to:
- Protect the environment: Our planet is facing a number of environmental challenges, such as climate change, pollution, and deforestation. Living a sustainable lifestyle can help to reduce our impact on the environment and protect the planet for future generations.
- Conserve resources: We are living in a time of increasing scarcity of resources, such as water, energy, and food. Living a sustainable lifestyle can help us to conserve these resources and ensure that they are available for future generations.
- Improve our health: A number of studies have shown that living a sustainable lifestyle can improve our health. For example, eating a plant-based diet has been linked to a lower risk of heart disease, cancer, and obesity.
- Save money: Living a sustainable lifestyle can save us money in a number of ways. For example, driving less can save us on gas, and using less energy can save us on our utility bills.
- Get involved in community: Living a sustainable lifestyle can also help you to connect with your community. This could mean volunteering for an environmental organization, starting a garden or joining a food coop. (Check out this podcast episode by Josh on how to start a food coop. https://shows.acast.com/leadership-and-the-environment/episodes/715-my-mom-marie-spodek-part-3-starting-a-food-coop-and-maki)
Living a sustainable lifestyle is not always easy, but it is worth it. By making small changes in our daily lives, we can make a big difference for the planet.
Josh is cooking up one of his legendary vegan gumbos! Made with fresh, organic produce from our garden. If you plan on partaking, please bring your own bowl and spoon and help us reduce disposable tableware use.
Read my weekly newsletter
On initiative, leadership, the environment, and burpees