I’ve been invited to lead a leadership workshop at a great location in Manhattan Saturday, December 6. If you like my material, want to lead better, and like the testimonials of recent attendees, come to the seminar. Below is from their announcement.
“How to lead people so they want you to lead them again”
by Joshua Spodek
Saturday, December 6, 2014
10am to 5pm
Soho – NYC
Columbia, Harvard, MIT, NYU-Stern, INSEAD, New School, New YorkÂ Academy of Sciences
McKinsey, Bain, BCG, Deloitte, Ernst & Young, A.T. Kearney, UBS, Bear Stearns, JP Morgan Chase, Morgan Stanley, Deutsche Bank, Citigroup, American Express, Google, U.S. Army, U.S. Navy
Why You should to attend
- Step-by-stepÂ specificÂ instruction of what to say and do
- How to create high-level meaning, value, importance, purpose, and passion
- How and why what you learnÂ words
- Exercises to perfect your practice
- Overcoming counterproductive practices like relying on authority or external motivations thatÂ corporate, highly structured or command-and-control environments often teach.
what you will learn – the 7 takeaways
- How to prepare in yourself before you can lead others
- What to look for in others to know whom you can and canâ€™t lead
- How to elicit their strongest relevant motivations
- Humility, empathy, not trying to control, and listening to understand, even for people who tend toÂ be less emotionally intelligent, like those with strong problem-solving and analytical backgrounds
- How to build their motivations into passions
- How to keep your teammatesÂ motivated
- What to look for in other great leaders to learn and keep improving
Implementing Joshua Spodekâ€™s model will increase the success of my entrepreneurial ventures and raise the quality of my relationships with people.Â Josh provides practical and easy to understand processes and steps a person can take to vastly improve their life.
– Mick Green
You showed me patterns to transform things and suggested how to handle the sales director at my company. I had an open talk with her based on your suggestion and self-awareness of how I felt.
– K. ChenÂ
I think this is a very inspirational class.Â Becoming more self-aware and improving my emotional intelligence has been my goal, but I have not been able to find a structured way to do so, until now.Â Thanks!
I signed up for Joshâ€™s leadership seminar not really knowing what to expect. I walked away withÂ a clear, understandable framework not only for providing effective leadership, but for creating lasting and meaningful relationships with colleagues and teammates. Joshâ€™s method of emotional connection gets to the core of the needs we all share as human beings. His techniques can help anyone become a better leader â€“ and a more fulfilled person overall.
– Christy V.
I wanted to thank you for the class on Leadership at Columbia last weekend. It was aÂ big eye opener for someone like me who has never taken any class on leadership. Your real life examples were exemplary and everything I learnt in your class, I feel I can in some way apply in my professional and personal life. I look forward to more such classes from you and in the mean time will be reading your blogs.
Kabita Dasgupta, Manager, Deloitte & Touche
This workshop was veryÂ informative and inspiring. It has opened my thoughts and mind to being more aware of how to hear the other personâ€™s voice and emotions.
10am to 5pm
Soho – NYC
Read my weekly newsletter
On initiative, leadership, the environment, and burpees