LEADERSHIP THROUGH SELF-AWARENESS AND EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE
In a two-day seminar, learn how to develop your personal leadership skills, self-awareness, and emotional intelligence by utilizing the latest advances in cognitive behavioral science, evolutionary psychology, and positive psychology.
The course is open to all area leaders, b-school students, alumni, and colleagues. Below are the dates of the courses and a link that you can follow to sign up. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.
- Day One: Saturday, November 5, 2011 noon–5pm
- Day Two: Sunday, November 6, 2011 noon–5pm
Top business schools and corporations are increasingly focusing on personal leadership, self-awareness, and emotional intelligence as foundations for leading others. However, many MBAs never had the opportunity to take a formal course in personal leadership. Columbia Business School recently has addressed this need with courses such as Hitendra Wadhwa’s Personal Leadership and Success (offered as a regular MBA/EMBA course or a three-day Executive Education program) and Srikumar Rao’s Creativity and Personal Mastery.
Joshua Spodek, MBA, PhD, who studied with Professor Rao, has developed an independent but similar course which he is offering to MBA alumni as a two-day weekend workshop. His experiential course combines advances in cognitive behavioral science, evolutionary psychology, and positive psychology with successful business leadership practices.
Benefits of the course include improved:
- Personal leadership skills, particularly self-awareness and emotional intelligence
- Interpersonal skills of the core leadership class, such as decision-making, negotiation, perceiving others, influence, motivating others, and teamwork
- Ability to transform your greatest challenges into both professional and personal growth
- Awareness of your values and what brings you meaning, purpose, importance, and happiness, both professionally and personally
- Ability to focus on what is important, professionally and personally, decreasing time and resources wasted on unimportant things
- Ability to experience reward from your efforts
- Calmness, patience, and understanding
You will leave the course with tools to continue your development on your own as well as a network of like-minded people, both as resources and for accountability. The course also makes all other leadership resources – books, videos, seminars, etc – more valuable through better understanding their foundations.
Joshua Spodek (MBA ’06 Columbia Business School, PhD ’00 Columbia Graduate School of Arts and Sciences) is an executive / personal coach and entrepreneur who currently works with Columbia Business School’s Program on Social Intelligence. Joshua helps clients develop effective leadership skills and optimize their professional and personal lives by helping them understand what brings them meaning and happiness and acting on it. He has been quoted and profiled in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, USA Today, Fortune, CNN, and the major broadcast networks. Esquire Magazine named him “Best and Brightest” in their annual Genius issue.
Parsons The New School For Design
66 Fifth Avenue, between 12th and 13th Streets
New York, NY 10011
Cost: $95 for a 10 hour course.
Click here for tickets for the November session
Read my weekly newsletter
On initiative, leadership, the environment, and burpees