My next Leadership Workshop, Sunday March 1
My next seminar is March 1, two weeks from yesterday!
It’s with the Columbia Business School Alumni Club, but it’s open to everyone.
That means two things. First, you save money because they capped the price below recent seminars.
Second, you get phenomenal classmates. Columbia alumni are knowledgeable but inquisitive, experienced yet curious, accomplished yet humble. In other words, they help everyone learn and perform at their best.
Here’s the announcement. Click here to register!
Workshop: How to lead people so they want you to lead them again
Effective leaders motivate people from the inside â€“ so people they lead contribute fully and thank the leader for giving them the opportunity to work with them.
Isn’t someone thanking you for motivating them to work hard on your project the holy grail of motivation?
People remember effective leaders their whole lives. If you had leaders and teachers who motivated you from the inside, you probably still remember them today and you wish you could thank them for inspiring such drive and fulfilment in your life.
You can learn to lead and inspire like them… to motivate people from the inside to contribute fully and completely and feel gratitude to you for motivating them … to want you to lead them again.
This one-day Saturday workshop teaches you how.
Facebook Â Twitter Â LinkedIn Â email to a friend
How to Lead People So They Want You to Lead Them Again covers:
- How to Lead People So They Want You to Lead Them Again covers:
- Step-by-step low-level instruction of what to say and do
- How to create high-level meaning, value, importance, purpose, and passion
- How and why the words and behaviors you learn inspire those high-level concepts
- Exercises to perfect your practice
- Overcoming counterproductive practices like relying on authority or external motivations that corporate, highly-structured or command-and-control environments often teach.
YouÂ can practice the skills during the workshop, then over time internalize and refine them to your natural style.
Date: Sunday, March 1, 2015: 10AM-5:00PM Â (Coffee and lunch included)
Location: Flavorpill offices on the 12th Floor,Â 594 Broadway (just south of Houston)
Cost: $80 for CBSAC/NY members, $110 for non-members, and $125 day-of.Â Join CBSAC/NY and come back to grab a member rate ticket.
YOU WILL BE ABLE TO PRE-REGISTER FOR THIS WORKSHOP UNTIL 10PM on Friday, February 20, 2015.Â HOWEVER, IF YOU DO REGISTER AFTER Thursday, February 19 Â at 3pm, PLEASE BRINGÂ YOUR RECEIPT. YOUR NAME WILL NOT BE ON THE SECURITY LISTS.
Each attendee will receive a copy of Joshua Spodek’s book “ReModel: Create Mental Models to Improve Your Life and Lead Simply and Effectively” included with admission.
Key takeaways not easily learned from books or unguided experience:
- What you have to prepare in yourself before you can lead others from the inside
- What to look for in others to know whom you can and can’t lead from the inside
- How to elicit their strongest relevant motivations
- Humility, empathy, not trying to control, and listening to understand, even for people who tend toÂ be less emotionally intelligent, like those with strong problem-solving and analytical backgrounds
- How to build their motivations into passions
- What you have to give them to keep them motivated
- What to look for in other great leaders to learn and keep improving
Read my weekly newsletter
On initiative, leadership, the environment, and burpees