Whom this blog is for
This blog is for successful people who want to bring about more of that success. Success here means success by your standards — what brings you emotional reward. It could be money, power, and fame, but I expect it will more likely be activities and relationships that bring you the emotions and emotional reward you want.
Benefits of reading this blog
By reading this blog, expect to
- Love life more
- Love what you do more
- Experience more reward and other emotions you want
- Accomplish more with less effort
- Improve relationships with friends, family, significant others, and yourself
- Increase your self-awareness
- Be more calm and less reactive
- Lead yourself and others more
- Attract more people who like you and fewer who don’t
- Be resilient to the opposite of the above
This blog is about
- values, meaning, purpose, importance, passion, self-awareness, and emotional intelligence
- enabling you to develop yourself and improve your life through better understanding these things
- the underlying science, mostly evolutionary psychology, positive psychology, and cognitive behavioral therapy
- observations of the world arising from this perspective
- The Model — how your emotional system works
- The Method — what to do about it and make your life incredible
- I swam across the Hudson River with my friend Dave
- I inspired my mom to run her first marathon at age 66
- First North Korea post
- Common North Korea questions
- North Korean strategy, first post of the series
- Series on beliefs and how to change them
- Willpower, first post of the series
- Getting rid of stuff
- Overcoming Objections and Blocks
- Social skills exercises
- Burpees! — simple, effective, free exercise requiring no equipment or complicated training program
- What is value? What is meaning? What is purpose? What is passion? What is importance? What is leadership?
- Entrepreneurship myths and productive alternatives
- Empathy gaps: one of the most insidious barriers to getting hard things done
- Reasonable talk on eating
- I started at an Ivy League business school 23 days after deciding to apply. Here’s how.
- My art resume
Where to find more
The best place to find more, besides contacting me, is one of my seminars or classes. If I haven’t posted about an upcoming one recently, check with me for something coming up.
Here are some resources that have influenced or inspired me if you want more foundation to where my stuff comes from.
Learn to make Meaningful Connections
with a simple, effective exercise from my book, Leadership Step by Step.
- Step by step instructions
- Video examples of me and Marshall Goldsmith
- An excerpt from my book