[This post is part of a series on my daily exercise and starting and keeping challenging habits. If you don’t see a Table of Contents to the left, click here to view the series, where you’ll get more value than reading just this post.]
Yesterday I started to consolidate posts on burpees but when I realized it was the day after the six month anniversary of starting doing them daily, I wrote a six-month review, which ended up as a long post on friendship, freedom, and motivation.
It reinforces that sharing what you love fills your life with sharing, love, and the stuff you love. As people who have read all my posts on the Model and Method know, a thing’s value, meaning, and purpose come from the emotions it evokes in you. When I talk about burpees, whatever words I use, I’m talking about friendship, freedom, and motivation.
Top thirteen reasons to make burpees part of your daily routine
- They put me in the best shape of my life
- At 41 years old
- After a lifetime of athleticism including playing Ultimate Frisbee at the Nationals and Worlds level
- Zero cost
- Zero equipment
- Negligible risk of injury
- Can learn to do them in seconds
- Documented by fitness experts as single best exercise
- Under five minutes per day
- Can do them anywhere, any time, in any weather
- Don’t interfere with any other workouts
- Can work at any level — just do as many or as few as you want
- Many variations can work specific parts of body
- They make you feel great
- Teach discipline, dedication, drive, and focus
If you know of any other exercise with these advantages, please tell me. In the meantime, I don’t see how you can beat daily burpees.
All you want and need to know about burpees — what’s a burpee, how to start, how I started, references to more, etc.
Anyway, now I have more to consolidate. Here are my posts on burpees (if you’re reading the series, clicking the table of contents to the left instead of the links below will be faster. If you aren’t reading the series, click here for it):
- How to begin a workout routine to last: start with joy
- Who knew a one-minute-a-day workout could do so much?
- More on burpees
- Burpee six-month review
- Burpees: the one-year review
- I did 120 burpees one day
- Burpees helped prepare me for long-distance running